Buyer APPLY NOW
Davis Instruments created the personal weather station market over 30 years ago. Since then, Davis has continued to lead the industry in accurate, reliable, and affordable weather instruments and data communication platforms for homeowners, businesses, schools, researchers, municipalities, and growers.
Davis’ EnviroMonitor agricultural technology allows farmers to increase yields and use resources efficiently by making data-informed decisions. The original Davis Instruments line of marine products has been making boating more fun and safer for 50 years. Davis enjoys an excellent reputation, across all product lines, for high quality, durable, and easy to use products and excellent customer service.
Davis Instruments is looking for a highly motivated Buyer, who will work under the supervision of the Senior Director of Supply Chain. This position’s primary responsibility will be purchasing.
- Develop Sourcing strategies for assigned components, materials, suppliers and commodities relative to cost, quality and fulfillment.
- Manage capacity, PO allocation, supplier relationship and fulfillment strategy to minimize delivery risks.
- Use knowledge of forecast, projected needs, supplier capacity, inventory goals and lead times to buy material in a timely manner at the lowest total cost for the business.
- Lead Supplier evaluations and implementation of improvements for assigned commodities.
- Interface with Doc Control, Engineering, Planning, Customer Service Quality and Manufacturing departments to gain clear understanding of project requirements.
- Manage major purchasing assignments and projects with limited supervision.
- Develop ability to read and understand engineering drawings, bill of materials and specifications.
- Develop and learn supplier qualification processes and sourcing strategies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- ERP systems experience (NetSuite a plus)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills
- Minimum 5 years of Sourcing, Purchasing and/or Supply Chain experience
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interface with internal & external customers
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and frequently changing priorities
Important COVID-19 Guidance:
In September 2021, the US government issued new federal vaccine regulations that certain government contractors must adhere to. Davis Instruments is a covered federal contractor and therefore our US-based employees are required to be vaccinated, and show proof of vaccination, by January 4, 2021. What does this mean for you as a potential candidate? It means that if you were to join Davis Instruments, you would need to be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022, or by your hire date (whichever is later) to be eligible to start in the role. As a condition of employment, you would need to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation or be legally entitled to an accommodation. Davis Instruments will consider and review reasonable accommodation requests based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
Davis Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.|||Hayward, CA|||||||||br_BOGl5Q5S5eIXG|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false